Terms of Competition
WHO MAY ENTER The Design Bloc competitions are open to designers, firms, practices, agencies, organizations, schools, businesses, students and non-professionals.
PUBLICITY By entering your work in this competition, you and your company or organization grant consent and license to the The Design Bloc for the use of your name, design and representations of your design in any media, anywhere in the world, without compensation or credit, for The Design Bloc promotional and editorial reasons.
OWNERSHIP OF WORKS Entrants own the I.P. rights to the original work they submit to the The Design Bloc competitions. The Design Bloc does not own original I.P. rights or works entered into the competitions, but has a royalty-free, perpetual right to use that work in connection with publicity and promotion of The Design Bloc programs. The Design Bloc sponsors or partners (Businesses and Organizations) do not own design entries, original research, or design materials that they sponsor unless a written license or other transfer of rights in those works is executed by the author(s) and acknowledged in writing by all parties, including The Design Bloc.
DISCLAIMER By entering the The Design Bloc Competition, participants release The Design Bloc Board members, sponsors, Jury participants and their respective affiliates, agents, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, families and shareholders from all liability of any kind relating to these competitions.
DISPUTES The liability of The Design Bloc to the Entrant, whether said liability stems from any breach of contract or duty, for any damages, costs, loss of goodwill or financial income suffered by the Entrant, will be limited to the entrant’s paid fees. These rules will be governed by the laws of the State of Florida. The legal relationships shall be governed exclusively by United States law. This shall also apply when the entrant or any The Design Bloc event is located outside the USA. Any dispute relating to the competitions or related events and media or these rules will be resolved by arbitration in Florida, USA, in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the CPR Institute for Dispute Resolution. Should any of the above provisions be rendered ineffective in whole or in part, all other provisions shall remain effective. Terms that differ from these Terms and Conditions shall not apply unless The Design Bloc Administrator has given specific written consent. All published data subject to change.
OFFICIAL THE DESIGN BLOC ENTRANT & WINNER BENEFITS
- Online Exhibition Gallery All nominees and award-winning designs will be presented in the www.TheDesignBloc.com online exhibition gallery for at least one year. Only entries that fit The Design Bloc’s design guidelines, are in generally acceptable good taste and are in fully-paid good standing with The Design Bloc will be published in the public sections of the Entrant Gallery or Archive. The Archive Administrator reserves all rights to determine whether works will be accepted, and may at our discretion edit submission copy and images. If an entrant’s work is chosen for exhibition or publication, they may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability and publicity release and a license grant.
- Exhibition of Winning Designs The Design Bloc will present some winners on a live conference call/webinar.
- The Design Bloc Winner Publicity A press release winners announcement will be published after the juries make their selection . In addition, various media partners publicize the events and selected winners. Upon request, The Design Bloc will produce press release templates, which may be used for the Entrant’s publicity purposes.
- The Design Bloc Logo Package Certified entrants and winners may utilize the The Design Bloc logo and artwork for marketing usage on packaging, point of sale, advertising, product placement and other applications, if Spark determines it is positive, fair and reasonable use.
- The Design Bloc Award Certificates Winning designers, design firms and entries will receive a downloadable awards certificate PDF.